29 September 2008

Visit to orphanage

Before we left Uganda we dropped by an orphanage on the way to the airport. The orphanage is run by our guide, Godfrey. We gave out some ballpoint pens we brought with us to the older children and some sweets to the younger ones. If only we know we would have brought more. We were happy to see the faces of children lighten up with even such a small gift from us. The sad part for me was that the younger children were in a room where the roof was only partly covered. Our guide assured us that they are fixing it. The thing that sadden me most is that you do not see these children running around playing and laughing which they should be doing in their age. The feeling at that time was to give whatever money that I have then if I could make it better but after thoughts was that it would be best if I could come back and send things over to them from Malaysia.


No comments: